Do you want to Keep Your Beautiful Copper,
Brass or Stainless Steel Sinks
Looking Shiny and New?
Protect New Sinks and Sinks with Patina.
Copper or brass sinks are gorgeous but can be frustrating to keep up. Stainless steel can also discolor and spot. Water spots can be a real problem and take away from the beauty of the metal. Polishing every time you use the sink is not a good option.
ProtectaClear is a clear, tough, protective coating that is easy to apply but is tough enough to protect copper and brass sinks. Dries quickly, leaving your copper or brass looking just polished and new.
Stop tarnish and oxidation and Enjoy the Beauty.
Both ProtectaClear and Everbrite will seal and will protect copper and brass as well as many other metals. Copper kitchen sinks can be a real challenge. ProtectaClear will seal and protect copper from fingerprints, water stains, and tarnish. ProtectaClear is tough and durable, food safe once cured and will protect the metal from spots and discoloration.
How to Clean & Seal Copper or Brass Sinks
Clean and Polish the sink to the desired finish. If the sink has a dark patina, just wash the sink, do not polish or you may lose the patina.
If a polish containing acid (Brasso, Wrights, Mothers, etc.) is used, the metal must be neutralized. The solvents in the coating will react with the acid and darken the metal. EZ-Prep Neutralizer or Baking soda and water can be used to neutralize the metal. (Solvent wiping does not neutralize - this is a separate step.)
- If Maas or other non-acid based polish is used, use a couple of drops of mild dish soap to wash off any residue.
- Rinse with plain water. Dry with soft cloth.
- It is a good idea to dry the sink further with a hair dryer. Water can remain near the drain area and interfere with proper adhesion.
- Wipe the metal with a clean solvent like xylene or denatured alcohol.(These solvents are NOT included in the kit, they cannot be shipped. Xylene or Denatured Alcohol can be found at hardware stores.)
- Apply 2 coats of ProtectaClear with at least an hour between coats, making sure the first coat is dry before applying the second. Do NOT apply pressure while applying ProtectaClear. Otherwise, the coating will be too thin and will not protect the sink. Three coats are recommended for the bottom of the sink or other areas that get a lot of use.
- ProtectaClear will blend to itself. When applying the second coat, glide the coating on quickly and don't wipe hard or keep messing with it. This can disturb the first coat.
- If you make a mistake, ProtectaClear can be removed with xylene.
- Let the coating cure before leaving water sitting on the coating.ProtectaClear will continue to harden as it cures. Under normal circumstances, with normal temperature and humidity, the coating will be completely cured in 4 to 5 days. The cure time can be sped up with the use of heaters or fans.
Complete instructions come with every order. An applicator pad and a pair of disposable nitrile gloves are also included.
Please let us know if you have questions. We are happy to help.
More Customer CommentsWell, we can't thank you enough for your great product. For a long time, we had been trying to figure out what to put on our brass sink so it wouldn't tarnish every time water hits it. We came across your website, and decided to try ProtectaClear.
First of all, your instructions are super easy to follow, and your product is fabulous! Our brass sink is just beautiful and yes, it is staying that way. It is so easy to clean, I just use soap and water. It is hard to believe that the solution to our big problem was so simple. We have told everyone we know about your great product. We thank you so much. Priscilla L. Buda, Texas
I put three coats of ProtectaClear on our brass sink, waiting an hour between coats. I waited five days before I ran water in the sinks. We have three of them. It works great! A fantastic product! Thanks very much. Jim C. Polo, Illinois
After using ProtectaClear, we are thrilled with the outstanding results. The ProtectaClear did exactly what you claimed- it protected our brass sink from water stains. We were about to replace this $800 sink because the maintenance was so tedious but your product saved us the cost and problem of doing that. We had tried everything, nothing worked. Now the decorative sink in our powder room sparkles and is virtually maintenance free. I do not have to rush in to polish it each time a guest uses it. Thank you for your fantastic customer service and a truly reliable product. Barbara and Leigh B.
What do I need to Restore & Protect my Sinks?
ProtectaClear will seal and protect your sinks.
ForKitchen sinks or multiple sinks, choose a Pint of ProtectaClear.
For small sinks like bathroom sinks, a 4 oz. can of ProtectaClear is available with or without polish.
ProtectaClear 4 oz Kit with Maas Polish Includes ProtectaClear and Maas Polish, Applicator Pad and Nitrile Gloves.
Also available in a Pint Kit for larger projects.
Want to use your own Polish? ProtectaClear Trial Kit includes ProtectaClear and EZ-Prep Neutralizer for use with acid based polishes. Neutralize & Coat about 25 sq.ft.
New Sink? Sink with Patina? Need just the ProtectaClear? Available in various size cans.
Larger Kits Available
What our Customers have to say...
Here are the results of my sink restoration. It turned out great! Thanks for a great product and all of the guidance! M. Crooks
I wanted to thank you for all your help and guidance in solving my copper sink problem. We have hard water in our area and as soon as we started using the sink, the water left permanent stains, removable only with copper cleaner. So we basically had a beautiful sink that was great to look at, but we couldn't get it wet! I researched and tried a host of different waxes to no avail. I even wrote to the big guys, Krylon and Rustoleum but they had no real solution.
The ProtectaClear product really works and the customer service was superior. I felt like you guys were in the gallery cheering me on. Thanks for all your help. Feel free to post this letter on your web site- I bet there are bunch of people out there with the same problem. Paul Coller
Everything worked great! The product did exactly what you said it would do and the sink has been blemish free for two weeks now. Definitely a record. Definitely did the trick. Thanks to you all at Everbrite. Larry Foran
And 4 months later: Excellent, just a quick wipe with windex once a week and we are good to go. Basically an unusable sink has now become a thing of beauty. Thanks "Larry Foran
Questions? Can't find the information you are looking for?