Love your copper or brass weathervane? Keep it NEW with Everbrite clear protective coating. Everbrite will protect the beauty of metal for years and can be maintained indefinitely.
Copper and brass weathervanes are such a beautiful accent to your property. You love the warm glow of the metal on your roof. How do you keep the copper and brass from tarnishing and turning brown for years before the patina turns green? Taking the weathervane down a few times a year and polishing it is impractical.
EVERBRITE Protective Coating will prevent tarnish and corrosion on brass or copper weathervanes. It will also stop tarnish on your cupola, finial, copper gutters, sundial, mailboxes and more. Stop tarnish and oxidation and enjoy the beauty.
Thanks to Laura Hamilton of Firefly Farms for this gorgeous picture.
"We used the Everbrite on the copper roof of the cupola and on the weathervane. It looks great! Thanks."
Everbrite Protective Coating will seal and protect your weathervane, cupola or finial from tarnish, oxidation, corrosion, salt air and other damaging elements.
- Excellent adhesion - Even to highly polished metal.
- U.V. Protection and Anti-Oxidants for long lasting protection.
- One-part coating - no mixing or waste.
- Easy to apply and user-friendly.
- Remain flexible - will not crack, chip or peel.
- Self-annealing - blends to itself, making touchups easy.
- Self Leveling - application is easy.
- NOT a lacquer or a thick plastic coating which can detract from the beauty of the metal. EVERBRITE is very natural looking and will make the metal look like it is just polished.
1. If you want to protect your weathervane while it is still new and shiny, simply clean any oil or other contaminants from the the copper and brass. This can be done by wiping the metal with xylene or denatured alcohol (available at most hardware stores). This will insure a completely clean surface.
2. Once the metal is clean, EVERBRITE can be applied by several methods. It can be sprayed on or wiped on the surface with clear-coat applicators, natural hair brushes, polysponge brushes or a pad of lint-free cloth. Let it dry and enjoy your beautiful copper and brass weather vane.
If your weathervane is already brown and weathered, you can polish it back to bright copper or brass with copper or brass polishes and then protect the shine with Everbrite. There are 4 basic steps: 1.Polish. 2.Neutralize (if using an acid polish - you can skip this step if you use MAAS Metal Polish. 3.Solvent wipe 4.Apply Everbrite. Then enjoy the beauty.
What do I need to protect or restore my weathervane, cupola or finial?
Everbrite 4oz kit + polish
will polish and protect about 25 square feet.
Everbrite pint kit + polish
will polish & protect 125 square feet of metal.
New weathervane?Purchase Everbrite Only.
Have your own Polish?
Everbrite Kit with Neutralizer. Coverage about 25 sf
"Used the Everbrite this afternoon to cover a copper weathervane. Hope to have the weathervane up on the garage roof soon. Thanks. Everbrite worked well and my next project with it will be a brass lamp." Judith Parish
Here are the pictures I promised you. I have coated the weathervane twice and it looks great. I used my cast iron patio umbrella stand to hold the carousel horse upright while I was working on it and also for drying. You can even see my reflection in the brass ball that has been coated twice with Everbrite. Thanks, Barbara Woodall
I coated a copper cupola roof and copper/brass weathervane in May 06. It has been 6 weeks and I think the weathervane looks great. Photo attached.I have a copper weather vain on top of my gazebo in the back yard. After only a year it was very tarnished. There was some finish that I had to buff of in most places, then I followed your directions and spent a day cleaning. It was worth the work. The Everbrite coating flowed on with little effort, and covered the copper completely. I did apply a second coating just to be sure. In the morning, as the sun comes up over my house and illuminates the weather vain it has thatbright copper shine that I wanted. Thank you for being concerned about my success with your product. Howard Siebenrock