LOVE YOUR COPPER ROOF?
Keep It Copper with Everbrite Coatings!
Copper roofs are more expensive than other roofing but add a warm, beautiful accent to your home. You love the warm glow of the metal. But, how do you keep the copper and brass from tarnishing or weathering?
If not protected, copper will weather and turn brown very quickly and the distinctive copper look is lost. It takes many, many years for copper to turn from brown to green.
Everbrite Protective Coating is a clear, easy to apply, protective coating that will keep your copper roof and gutters looking new and will prevent tarnish and weathering.
Is your Copper Roof already old and brown? You can restore your copper roof to "copper" again.
Yes, it does take some work but if you love the look of copper accents, it is worth it. Clean your copper and seal out the tarnish and oxidation with Everbrite.
Polishing a copper roof is not practical. There are several ways to remove the tarnish. You can use mechanical (sanding - best in one direction with fine grit sanding paper or sponge) or chemical (mild acids) methods to clean your roof or gutters.
Regular copper cleaners can run off a roof or can harm plants. HD Copper Cleaning Gel is a mild acid in a gel form that can be painted on the surface and is a gel so it will not drip off of the roof. Allow the gel to work and then it can be wiped off or washed off with water. the Gel will remove much of the tarnish but additional cleaning may be necessary. Environmentally Friendly and will NOT harm plants.
Everbrite has U.V. blockers and anti-oxidants which will protect your copper roofs and gutters from tarnishing. Everbrite is not a lacquer that will discolor when exposed to sunlight but will stay crystal clear and will not detract from the beautiful glow of the copper.
EVERBRITE is easy to apply. Brush on, roll on, use an applicator, or spray on with a paint sprayer on cleaned, neutralized copper and let dry. Click here to see the steps involved when applying Everbrite to copper.
Scroll down for additional tips and helpful hints
Below are just a few happy customers who would like to share their Everbrite experience.
I did use your product and it worked marvelously! I used it on a highly tarnished copper roof of a cupola and it removed the tarnished effortlessly. It brought back the original appearance. Keep up the good work!
My copper roof looks like copper again! The gel removed 13 years of tarnish! It looks great! At this point I would have to say that Everbrite is a great product.
We are very happy with the outcome of our project. We did a copper cupola and a duck weather vanefor the top of a gazebo.
Tips for Cleaning and Restoring Copper Roofs
Read and follow all directions. Here are some additional tips we have discovered and that our customers have shared that may help.
- Clean off residue or road grime with a mild solution of bleach and water. Wet down the copper first, then use a 10% bleach solution to wash off the copper. The Copper Cleaning Gel will not work as well if there is oil or road grime on the copper.
- Wear gloves when touching the copper. The acids and oils in your hands will leave dark fingerprints. This only adds more work to your job. Ask your contractors to wear gloves while handling the copper.
- Go through the entire cleaning and neutralizing process and solvent wipe on one small area or one panel first. This way you can make sure you have the system down. Depending on conditions and environment, copper roofs will clean differently
- Make sure the copper is not too hot to touch comfortably with the back of your hand for 10 seconds. If it is, the cleaners and the Everbrite will dry too quickly and will make your job more difficult.
- If you have a lot of minerals or chemical additives in your water, there can be a reaction with the copper. Many people find that using distilled water fixes this problem.
- Don't wash off the dark and dirty gel with a hose or the dark gel can get on other surfaces and stain. Instead, wipe off with paper towels or old rags first to remove most of the dirty gel.
- Make sure the rags or cloths used for washing, neutralyzing or application of the coating have NOT been laundered with fabric softener. The residue can streak the copper.
- The copper cleaning gel is water based and can get thick. Thin by mixing in a little water. You can use a kitchen whisk. The ingredients are food grade and will wash off of utensils used.
- The Gel does not have an indefinite shelf life as it is organic without preservatives. Plan on using the gel within a month or so of receiving it.
- The Everbrite Coating does have an indefinite shelf life in a closed container so it is good for years.
What do I need to Clean, Restore & Keep my Copper Roof Shiny? Scroll down for options.
New Copper Roof?
Like the color of your roof and want to keep it that color?
Everbrite Coating is all you'll need. Wipe the copper with a clean solvent to remove any mill oil or contaminants and apply 2 coats of Everbrite for long lasting results. Everbrite is clear and will seal your copper roof without changing the beauty of the copper.
Tarnished Copper Roof?
Want to restore the color?
For a very small roof - Birdhouse, Beehive roof or a Small Cupola
Copper Clean & Seal Kit - Small This Kit Includes Heavy Duty Copper Cleaning Gel, EZ-Prep Neutralizer and Everbrite Protective Coating to clean and seal about 15 sq. ft. Get this kit to restore very small roofs - Birdhouses, Beehive roofs, small cupola. For a Bay window, you will need a larger kit.
This Kit Includes four times as much Heavy Duty Copper Cleaning Gel and Everbrite than the smaller kit. Also includes EZ-Prep Neutralizer, Prep Pad and Applicators. Clean and seal about 62 sq. ft. of copper. Use this kit for small bay window copper roofs or larger cupolas.
Need a larger kit? Have a larger copper roof or 2 small ones?
This Kit Includes twice as much Everbrite than the Pint kit. Also includes Half Gallon HD Gel Copper Cleaner, EZ-Prep Neutralizer, Prep Pad and Applicators. Clean and seal about 125 sq. ft. of copper. Use this kit if you have more than a small bay window copper roof.
Click on the links below for other copper uses:
Questions? Can't find the information you are looking for?